Recently I have been living what – I am being kindly reminded about it – is my usual work life, with 2.5 flights a week being an optimistic average and Monday-Friday completely blocked by meetings, emails, business dinners and endless to-do lists. My spring resolutions about keeping the mind aspect of life in balance and regularly setting some time off for my creative hobbies are fading away to allow for sleep, some family time (and weekend trainings – work ones, of course). It’s all fun, games and I love it. But leaves me literally no time for anything else.
And somewhere in the middle of all that I am getting a WordPress notification about being nominated for the The Sunshine Blogger Award 2.0! From, symbolically, Little Sunshine, who herself is one huge leap of inspiration. Her catching enthusiasm has totally bought me, so I am pushing my (work) trainings aside (I am going to discover Berlin this weekend and won’t be able to do them at my usual timeline!) and doing something I don’t normally do: taking some personal Q&As.
For those of you who I am nominating – because I manage to read your blogs even when I work and travel – for The Sunshine Blogger Award 2.0., here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
- Notify the bloggers you nominated
Now, to the personal Q&As.
1. What is your biggest dream?
To be free. To be able to get to the airport at any time, look at the departures list and to take a ticket to wherever I feel like going to. To never stop discovering, learning, challenging myself. To never lose an ability to get surprised, excited, carried away. To get better in things I love, every day. To create. And to do all that with the people I love.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I actually do think that I can go anywhere in the world. 🙂 And I am going: in a few days to Berlin, in a few weeks to Singapore and in the end of the year to Cuba and Mexico.
3. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
I am a 100% extrovert. I would not be able to live my live and do what I do be it otherwise. I am a quiet, at-times-craving-my-time, ultimate extrovert.
4. Is what you’re doing now what you always wanted to do growing up?
I wanted to be a journalist when I was growing up (so, no, not exactly). But at the same time, I wanted to explore different countries, to live abroad, to be free – also financially free to do all the things I wanted to do with my life (so, yes).
5. Do you usually follow your heart or your head?
Heart. For best and for worst. I believe in trusting instincts.
6. What are you most thankful for?
So many things, really. I have listed some of them here, but there are so many more. In a few words, I am thankful for having the courage to live my dreams, and for continuously getting chances to make them true. We all need some luck, and I feel that I have been blessed with it.
7. What’s on your bucket list this year?
Oh, on my personal travel bucket list: Berlin, Singapore, Cuba, Mexico. On my personal non travel list: get to that elusive balance of work, life and life’s little passions. Energy spending and energy creating.
8. What´s your favorite food ever?
Louveteau calls it sashimi-plus. I would basically eat raw fish, especially salmon and tuna, with soy sauce, even if I am not hungry at all. And be happy about it.
9. What is the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
Not to follow anyone else’s advice! What I find useful, on the other hand, is asking people about their success. One of the questions that brought me most insights (and goes to the list of Qs I am asking my favorite bloggers) is “What would you love to know 5/10 years ago that you know now?”
10. Which of the places you’ve traveled to inspired you the most, and why?
My absolute favorite here is Iguazu Falls, Brazil. I am a city person by design, but this place is a pure magic. I will always remember waking up at 6 a.m., plunging into the silk water of the swimming pool, getting a quick breakfast while watching the sunrise and then rushing to the falls, in the serenity of the rainforest, hand-in-hand with the man I love, surrounded only by coati.
Bloggers that add sunshine to my life…
- Citizen On Earth
- Wine and Cheese (Doodles)
- The Moment Keepers
- La Grenouille Anglaise
- Extra Dry Martini
- Southern Girl Gone Global
- Wandering Cows
- Dancing In The Rain
- Adventures In Wonderland
- The Confessions Of A Wanderer
…and my questions (I am actually really looking forward to you answering):
- What would you love to know 5 years ago that you know now? (As you can see above, that’s my all-time favorite)
- What was the one thing you were considering writing about multiple times but have not written yet?
- If you could speak any new language – perfectly, today – what language would it be?
- What was one thing that surprised you about blogging?
- What do you see as the most meaningful achievement of your life, to date?
- What is the thing you regret not having done in past?
- What is your most important objective, for now?
- If a day had 27 hours in it, what would you do with the extra 3?
- What are the three things (objects) you absolutely can’t do without?
- What is the best life-work balance wisdom you have mastered by now?
C’est à vous de jouer maintenant!